Gold bullion is widely viewed as the ultimate asset for wealth preservation, with a strong track record of performance during uncertain or less stable times. For example, in 2008 when the UK was in recession, gold increased in value by 43.2% and in 2016 when the Brexit vote took place and Trump was elected President, gold increased by 30.2%.
As history repeats itself, we will regularly face such political, economic or international issues in the future - making now the ideal time to invest in gold bullion.
Anyone can benefit from gold bullion
Anyone who wants to protect their wealth with a “zero-risk” asset (1) can benefit from investing in bullion.
From casual savers who want to protect what they have, to high net worth individuals who want to minimise their risk. And from pensioners who want to protect their savings from inflation or leave some wealth to their loved ones, to younger individuals who want to benefit from the long-term store of wealth that gold bullion provides.
Why gold bullion is so popular
Those who invest in gold bullion can benefit from:
- Annual growth: Gold has increased in value by an average 12.3% per year from 2005-22 (2). This perfectly demonstrates the strength and security that gold has provided over the years to those who invest.
- Tax-free All UK gold coins from Direct Bullion are VAT-free and Capital Gains Tax free to UK clients.
- Risk-free: Physical gold has been classed as a Tier 1 “zero-risk” asset by the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, which creates standards for bank regulation (1).
- Reduced counterparty risk: Physical gold ownership gives you maximum control of your wealth - rather than risking it with other parties who may not have your best interests at heart.
- Reliable: Gold has a strong 3,000 year history of maintaining its value. Compare this to cash where £100 just 80 years ago would only be able to buy goods and services worth £1.78 in 2022 (3).
- Physical asset: Those who invest in gold enjoy that they can touch and hold their gold (LINK TO GOLD TOP CATEGORY PAGE)- enabling them to completely feel the value and their wealth. By comparison, the value of the paper or polymer plastic which goes into creating banknotes is virtually zero.
How to invest in gold bullion
Most people who want to protect their wealth with gold bullion choose from one of 2 main options - gold bars and gold coins (which can further be broken down into loose gold coins or graded gold coins.
The friendly specialists at Direct Bullion are on-hand to support you every step of the way.
View our collection of gold bullion.